Stretch marks (striae gravidarum) are a common visual condition that many people experience, especially those of us who have had significant weight changes or have been pregnant. While stretch marks do not cause any medical concerns, they are often unsightly and can ruin the appearance of your skin. The prevalence of stretch marks can vary, with women aged 5-50 being most likely to experience them. Pregnant adolescents may be at a higher risk of developing stretch marks due to the rapid weight gain associated with pregnancy.
There are a handful of ways that stretch marks can be treated. Laser therapy is one of the most effective methods and can reduce the appearance of stretch marks, although it won’t completely erase them. Microdermabrasion is another minimally invasive skin treatment that can help reduce the appearance of scars and improve the look of stretch marks. Microneedling is a procedure in which a handheld derma roller with tiny needles is rolled across the skin’s surface to create tiny holes that stimulate collagen production.
Natural remedies like coconut oil and products containing shea butter and coconut oil can help moisturize the skin and reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Vitamin A derivatives like tretinoin can be prescribed by a dermatologist to help rebuild collagen in the skin.
In conclusion, stretch marks are a common visual condition that many people experience. While they can’t be completely erased, there are numerous treatments available to help reduce their appearance. Laser therapy, microdermabrasion, microneedling, and natural remedies can all help to diminish the appearance of stretch marks. It’s important to consult a doctor to determine the best treatment for you.
0. “Old Stretch Mark Removal: Striation Frustration – Luxe Luminous” luxeluminous.com, 30 Jan. 2023, https://luxeluminous.com/old-stretch-mark-removal/
1. “Stretch marks” www.msn.com, 30 Jan. 2023, https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/stretch-marks/ar-AA16jd8f
2. “A Narrative Review of Current Striae Treatments” www.mdpi.com, 30 Jan. 2023, https://www.mdpi.com/2227-9032/10/12/2565
3. “Everything You Need to Know About Microneedling | American Spa” www.americanspa.com, 30 Jan. 2023, https://www.americanspa.com/medical-spa/everything-you-need-know-about-microneedling
4. “8 Uses for Coconut Oil in Pregnancy, Plus Safety and Risks – B&B …” bnborganics.com, 30 Jan. 2023, https://bnborganics.com/blogs/news/8-uses-for-coconut-oil-in-pregnancy-plus-safety-and-risks
5. “How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks – Dr. Axe” draxe.com, 30 Jan. 2023, https://draxe.com/beauty/how-to-get-rid-of-stretch-marks/
6. “How to Avoid Stretch Marks During Workout” onlineduhub.com, 30 Jan. 2023, https://onlineduhub.com/how-to-avoid-stretch-marks-during-workout/