Sperm count decline is a global issue with studies across Latin America, Asia, Africa, and other continents indicating that men are experiencing a decrease in sperm count due to modern environmental and lifestyle factors. It is the first meta-analysis demonstrating this decline, and the findings are consistent with other adverse trends in men’s health such as hormonal disruption, genital birth defects, and declines in female reproductive health.
There are various steps that can be taken to diagnose and treat male infertility, such as determining semen concentration, increasing semen volume, increasing testosterone levels, and avoiding sugar, pesticides, and ultra-processed foods. It is also important to reduce exposure to hot baths, hot tubs, and saunas, as this can lead to a decrease in sperm quality. Additionally, avoiding alcohol and cigarette smoking can help improve male fertility.
In order to increase male fertility, zinc oxide and zinc aspartate, L-Arginine hydrochloride, and L-Lysine hydrochloride can be taken, along with supplements that can help increase sex drive, erection size and strength, and orgasms.
Surgery can also be an effective way to treat male infertility, with certain procedures such as unblocking the vas deferens, reversing vasectomies, and retrieving sperm from the testicles or epididymis being used to treat various conditions. Antibiotics can be used to treat infections, while assisted reproductive technology (ART) can be used to collect sperm and insert it into the female genital tract or use it to fertilize an egg.
In some cases, male infertility is untreatable, in which case sperm donor or adoption may be considered. Additionally, factors such as sperm DNA fragmentation and age can affect fertility outcomes. It is important to understand the implications of male infertility, as it is associated with an increased risk of chronic illness, testicular cancer and a decreased lifespan.
0. “Research shows a significant sperm count decline globally” www.openaccessgovernment.org, 30 Jan. 2023, https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/research-signals-to-a-significant-sperm-count-decline-globally/147595/
1. “Sperm Health & Diagnostic Testing – O V R Y” www.myovry.ca, 30 Jan. 2023, https://www.myovry.ca/blogs/health-science/sperm-health-diagnostic-testing
2. “The Importance Of A Balanced Diet For Men’s Fertility – RCC Fertility” rccfertility.com, 30 Jan. 2023, https://rccfertility.com/fertility-blog/diet-and-mens-fertility/
3. “How is male infertility diagnosed and treated? | Top Doctors” www.topdoctors.co.uk, 30 Jan. 2023, https://www.topdoctors.co.uk/medical-articles/how-is-male-infertility-diagnosed-and-treated
4. “Why Couples Should Consider Coenzyme Q10 for Fertility – Freshly …” www.freshlymoms.com, 30 Jan. 2023, https://www.freshlymoms.com/blogs/news/why-couples-should-consider-coenzyme-q10-for-fertility
5. “Decoding the rapid decline in sperm count” www.msn.com, 30 Jan. 2023, https://www.msn.com/en-in/health/health-news/decoding-the-rapid-decline-in-sperm-count/ar-AA14viTJ